Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome PageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Making .Wav Files Work

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
<|DB|>Yela
Devil's Brigade
<|DB|>Yela

Male Number of posts : 58
Server : RIA's Duh
Registration date : 2008-11-16

Making .Wav Files Work Empty
PostSubject: Making .Wav Files Work   Making .Wav Files Work Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 12:33 am

Believe it or not when making a wav file you must use the right format and sometimes this can be complicated well in here im gonna break it down step by step.....

1.)You will need a program called audacity for this one its a software that is free and allows you to convert audio files a good link is

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

2.)You will also need to download a file called libmp3lame-win-3.97 this an upgrade to audacity for the library so you can shrink down the wave files to make them smaller for a smaller pk3 file Smile a good site to download would be

http://lame.buanzo.com.ar/

-scroll down the page and its the 1st link For Audacity libmp3lame-win-3.97.zip,
or Audacity libmp3lame-win-3.97.zip

-its a zip file that is 152 kand named libmp3lame-win-3.97.zip

3.)Install audacity/ and then unzip the libmp3lame-win-3.97 to your desktop/open audacity/click edit preferences and then go to file formats and click find library its gonna ask u to find lam_enc.dll click yes and the folder is on your desktop open the folder and click on the file lam_enc.dll and walla you are almost ready to go

4.)click edit preferences audio I/O and make sure channel is mono 1 next click on quality under default sample make sure its on 16bit not any other next click file formats and click under uncompressed export format and make sure its at WAV (microsft 8 bit PCM) MAKE SURE AND SAVE ALL YOUR PREFRENCES BEFORE YOU EXIT

5.)Ok hard part is over now open the file you wish to use this can be a mp3 or a wav file from your computer after u have loaded it click and drag the part of the song clip u want to use do edit cut or edit copy whichever and close that box go to project new audio track and click it and then paste it in the new one and then go to file export as wav and save in any folder you want .

ADDING IT TO A PK3

1.)What do you want to make this file? Vsay, command , weapon) Lets just say u made it a weapon

2.)open pakscape go to file new or click the new button

3.)create a folder called sound

4.)double click on the sound folder you just created and open it up inside that folder make a folder named weapons

5.)double click and open that folder that you just made now create the folder of the gun you wish to use in my case i chose to use the colt so created a folder called colt

6.)The file that I created was a gunshot sounds that i have to rename in order for it to work so i right click on the file and rename it to colt_fire.wav and also i made another file that sounds like a colt being shot from a distance and renamed it to colt_far.wav you do not have to have both of these it just makes the effect alot better if someone shoots that colt and you are on the other side of the map u will hear a faded gunshot sound from that colt but u must make the sounds to where it sounds faded or find one that is or just leave it alone the colt_fire.wav is the main one u need

7.)Click and drag that file(s) to that folder and then click file save as and in my case i named mine coltmod.pk3 remember do not forget the pk3 or it will not work.

Hope this helped if you guys ever have questions let me know <|RIA|>Yelawolf

Last edited by |DB|Yela on Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
<|DB|>Yela
Devil's Brigade
<|DB|>Yela

PostSubject: Re: Making .Wav Files Work   Making .Wav Files Work Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 10:19 pm

Right now im working on an in depth project that has screenies of my step by step action it will be done very soon!
Back to top Go down
ڮ‹|ЯιẰ|›#в4м

ڮ‹|ЯιẰ|›#в4м

Male Number of posts : 48
Server : B4M WANTS J00 TO JOIN TJ
Prefered Class : Your TJ God
Registration date : 2008-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Making .Wav Files Work   Making .Wav Files Work Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 7:16 pm

yela this damnit is tight i made a simple cough of mine into a machine gun sound xD
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/Scoot813
<|DB|>Yela
Devil's Brigade
<|DB|>Yela

PostSubject: Re: Making .Wav Files Work   Making .Wav Files Work Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 8:06 pm

haha ya its like i said its endless to what u can do lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Making .Wav Files Work   Making .Wav Files Work Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Making .Wav Files Work
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Discussion :: Modderz N' Mapperz-
Jump to: