Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome PageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Getting Started Modding

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
<|DB|>Yela
Devil's Brigade
<|DB|>Yela

Male Number of posts : 58
Server : RIA's Duh
Registration date : 2008-11-16

Getting Started Modding Empty
PostSubject: Getting Started Modding   Getting Started Modding Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 12:05 am

Hey guys, if you guys know me you know that I have been doing this for a long time. This is a very fun thing to get into and it's not hard just dont give up!

*First this you need to do is download a program called pakscape a good link is

http://files.filefront.com/PakScape+v+011/;10707;/fileinfo.html

*Second you need to setup pakscape and do file open and open up your first mod (pk3) exmaple : I picked the mod z_flmodsfinal.pk3 the path to this mod was C:\Program Files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\noquarter and for all you people who are kinda slow like me this is my computer,C drive, programe files. wolfenstein enemy territory, no quarter
-You Can download this exact mod at http://krazygamer.com/rockislandarsenalclan/noquarter/

-If you do not have this map dont worry you can always choose another that maybe setup differently or just download 1 of them at this link :

http://returntocastlewolfenstein.filefront.com/files/Wolfenstein_Enemy_Territory/Mods;2663

*Next you will see many folders inside of this mod if you used the z_flmodsfinal.pk3
- gfx (inside here u r going to find more subfolders limbo menu, loading screen, hud , misc ect)
- icons (icon graphics wrench poison ect)
- models (in here u r going to find more subfolders multiplayer, mapobjects, weaponhits, player skins)
- scripts (scripts used to run some files , shaders ect)
- sounds (vsay's, voice chats, sounds, weapons sounds, knifesounds, hitsounds, ect)
- spirits (blood splatter , objects pics, ect)
- textures (textures used, shaders, ect)
- weapons (pics of weapons, types of weapons, markings on weapons, ect)

*Next if you take a look in those subfolders you will find files such as tga, wav, jpg, weap, ect some of these files may be opened using CS3 or other similair programs such ones as gimp or just plain paint. I decided to choose to open the camp_map.tga (gfx/loading/camp_map.tga) when you open this file you wil see that the file size is 1024 x 1024 you now know that the new 1 that you make must be this size, remember that you must save the file as a tga file and that you must not have this project layerd or you will get an error code saying that the rgb grey rgb colors must be set to 3 which means you have them layerd and this will not work. The file that I have chosen is the file that shows the map on the left side by redoing this it will show the graphic that you have made. There are others you can make such as camp_side.tga, progressbar.tga,progressbar_back.tga, axis allied pin buttons pin_allied.tga,pin_axis.tga,pin_nuetral.tga,pin_shot.tga ect ect

*Next make a new file(file/new) in this new file you need to make a new folder named gfx

*Next make a new folder inside of gfx called loading(this is if you made this type of mod)

*Next add your file by clicking and dragging it in to the folder

*Next click flie/save as /nameofyourmod.pk3(its very important that you add .pk3 to the back of the mod or it will not work so for example i decided to call mine loading.pk3

*Different mods are made differently this is just an example but by opening up these files you should understand how mods work alot better

*I want you all to remember something and that is that almost anything in the game of wolfenstein can be modded or changed or added on to, your boundries are endless to what you can do with modding, for example if you wanted to make the thompson sounds scream everytime you shoot it, its possible, if you wanted to make it to where a covert ops stole someones clothes and they are naked, its possible, if you wanted to make a grenade look like a beer bottle, its possible, also remember that all mods are different and something that you may absolutely love and appreciate some people may not enjoy or like but just remember that its your mod and that you made it and you should be proud of yourself. I would also like to add that this is a place for ideas and a place to expand our thinking and making things better please do not ever make fun of anyones idea or mods you may tell someone that there mod is not there cup of tea but please be respectful modding is a very complicated thing and can get very frustrating when it dont work and thats why there are all of us to catch up on peoples mistakes.

Hope this helps if anyone ever has any questions please just ask me <|RIA|>Yelawolf
Also I have a 10 slot server that is being used just to test mods it is password protected so if you are serious about modding like i am please let me know and i will get u set up with the password and server access thanks
Back to top Go down
<|DB|>Ub3R

<|DB|>Ub3R

Male Number of posts : 57
Server : All of RIA
Prefered Class : Medic
Registration date : 2008-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Getting Started Modding   Getting Started Modding Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 9:20 am

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me or yela. We made the RIA mod as well.
Back to top Go down
<|DB|>Yela
Devil's Brigade
<|DB|>Yela

PostSubject: Re: Getting Started Modding   Getting Started Modding Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 10:19 pm

Right now im working on an in depth project that has screenies of my step by step action it will be done very soon!
Back to top Go down
ڮ‹|ЯιẰ|›#в4м

ڮ‹|ЯιẰ|›#в4м

Male Number of posts : 48
Server : B4M WANTS J00 TO JOIN TJ
Prefered Class : Your TJ God
Registration date : 2008-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Getting Started Modding   Getting Started Modding Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 9:44 pm

i see well i could always remod my old clans fz nq mod files if i had them
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/Scoot813
<|DB|>Yela
Devil's Brigade
<|DB|>Yela

PostSubject: Re: Getting Started Modding   Getting Started Modding Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 2:32 am

not a bad idea always a good way of getting to know things and understanding them i try not to steal to much from people some scripts are very useful ect i guess i just try to be extremely over creative lol
Back to top Go down
ڮ‹|ЯιẰ|›#в4м

ڮ‹|ЯιẰ|›#в4м

PostSubject: Re: Getting Started Modding   Getting Started Modding Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 4:27 pm

lol yah those mods are 2 years or mor old but the knife skin is tight
Back to top Go down
<|DB|>Yela
Devil's Brigade
<|DB|>Yela

PostSubject: Re: Getting Started Modding   Getting Started Modding Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 9:47 pm

ya it is pretty sweet i would like to make one that we can use chainsaws to cut people up i think that would be sweet lol
Back to top Go down
ڮ‹|ЯιẰ|›#в4м

ڮ‹|ЯιẰ|›#в4м

PostSubject: Re: Getting Started Modding   Getting Started Modding Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 10:46 pm

hmm i think ive actually saw that in a serv
cant remember though
ill search in all my mods take a while though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting Started Modding   Getting Started Modding Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting Started Modding
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Discussion :: Modderz N' Mapperz-
Jump to: